CDHD - Boise Office
707 N. Armstrong Pl., Boise
CDHD's Breastfeeding Basics class covers the following topics:
1. Your body is built for breastfeeding
2. How the breast makes milk including breast anatomy, milk supply, American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations.
3. Having a breastfeeding plan to take to the hospital which includes exclusive breastfeeding, importance of skin-to-skin, rooming in.
4. Health benefits of breastfeeding for mother and baby.
5. When to Feed Your Baby: hunger cues, feeding guidelines, cluster feedings.
6. How can I tell if my baby is getting enough to eat including growth spurts, counting diapers, proper weight gain, and keeping a feeding log.
7. Expressing and pumping milk, nipple care, and warning signs of problems.
8. Breastfeeding support at WIC, feeding in public, and returning to work or school.
WIC provides a FREE weekly breastfeeding support group open to WIC clients in the community.
When: Every Monday (except holiday Mondays)
Time: 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Where: Central District Health Department – Huckleberry Room | 707 N. Armstrong Place (off of Emerald between Five Mile and Mitchell)
No need to register. This group is FREE and is facilitated by a lactation consultant. This group provides an opportunity for new mothers to ask questions and share information and feelings in a safe, nonjudgmental and supportive atmosphere.
To get a good start on breastfeeding
To meet other mothers who are breastfeeding
To ask questions and receive support from lactation specialists