Central District Health Food Inspectors conduct regular inspections of restaurants, taverns, grocery stores, meat markets and bakeries to determine proper hygiene and food handling practices of operators and their employees.
All food facilities receive one unannounced inspection each year. When critical violations are noted during an inspection, they must be corrected immediately or the inspector will have to schedule a follow-up inspection.
This database contains inspection results from January 2003 to present.
You can search for inspection results by the name of the food establishment, the address, or by the date of the inspection.
Gold Star Restaurants
These food establishments earned a GOLD STAR rating for having no major risk factor violations based upon the most recent inspection .
Week of September 1 - September 7, 2009
|Burger King #11273||3300 Sunset Strip, Mountain Home|
|Cole Valley Christian Schools||200 E Carlton Ave, Meridian|
|Dano's Burgers & Fries||3675 E Overland Rd, Meridian|
|Dickey's BBQ Pit (mobile)||1219 Broadway, Boise|
|Eagle Elementary School||475 N Eagle Rd, Eagle|
|Garfield Elementary School||1914 Broadway Ave, Boise|
|Goff's Mustang Grill||2009 Special Events, Horseshoe Bend|
|Hawthorne Elementary School||2401 Targee St, Boise|
|Hays Shelter Home||7221 W Poplar St, Boise|
|Hillcrest Elementary School||2045 S Pond St, Boise|
|Liberty Elementary School||1740 S Bergeson St, Boise|
|Mike's Snack Shack||13274 Kokanee Dr, Donnelly|
|Monroe Elementary School||3615 Cassia St, Boise|
|Owyhee Elementary School||3434 Pasadena Dr, Boise|
|Paul's Market #6 - Bakery||215 E Jackson St, Mountain Home|
|Paul's Market #6 - Grocery||215 E Jackson St, Mountain Home|
|Paul's Market #6 - Produce||215 E Jackson St, Mountain Home|
|Pit Boss BBQ||2009 Special Events, Boise|
|Qdoba Mexican Grill #474||3319 N Eagle Rd, Meridian|
|Riverside Elementary School||2100 E Victory Rd, Boise|
|Rockin' Rudy's BBQ||2009 Special Event, Boise|
|Sienna K-8||2870 E Rome Dr, Meridian||Simple Perfection Wedding Cakes||11692 W Presidents Dr, Boise|
|Smashburger||3223 E Louise Dr, Suite 100, Meridian||Teed Elementary School||441 E Porter Rd, Kuna|
|Texas Roadhouse||2009 Special Event, Meridian||Timberline High School||701 E Boise Ave, Boise|
|Timberline High School - Concessions Inside||701 E Boise Ave, Boise||White Pine Elementary School||401 E Linden St, Boise|
Food Inspection Reports
- September 1 - September 7, 2009
- August 25 - August 31, 2009
- August 18 - August 24, 2009
- August 11 - August 17, 2009
Key To Violations
- A. Improper temperature for cooking, serving, holding or storing foods. Violation can cause bacteria to grow and illness. Violations can include not cooling foods down quickly enough or not reheating foods to 165 degress before holding hot and serving. Food that is not cooked, served or stored at the proper temperature can also receive violations.
- B. Improper cleaning and sanitizing of kitchen equipment. Violations in this area include improper washing and sanitizing of dishes, pots, pans and surfaces that will come in contact with the food.
- C. Food is not from an approved source. Establishments serving food to the public must obtain the food they serve from a source that has been inspected and approved by an official inspecting agency.
- D. Improper hygiene practice. Every kitchen must have properly functioning hand-washing facilities for food-handling staff. Ill employees must be sent home.
- E. Active managerial control. The person in charge must demonstrate that approved food-borne illness prevention practices are being followed.