Creating a Healthier Community by:
- Preventing initiation of tobacco use among youth
- Promoting tobacco cessation among adults and youth
- Eliminating exposure to environmental tobacco smoke
- Identifying and eliminating tobacco-related disparities
Preventing Tobacco Use Among Youth
CDHD works with partners to educate youth about being tobacco free.
Promoting Tobacco Cessation Among Adults and Youth
Eliminating Exposure to Secondhand Smoke
With Tobacco-free Policy
In 2006 The Health Consequences of Involuntary Exposure to Tobacco Smoke: A Report of the Surgeon General was published (see full report). He concluded that there is no risk-free level of exposure to secondhand smoke.
Central District Health is eager to provide technical assistance in tobacco free policy development and implementation to:
For assistance please contact us.
- Americans for Non-Smoker's Rights
- "Secondhand Smoke: Children in Cars"
- Secondhand Smoke in Homes
- Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids
- Smoke Free Movies
- Tar Wars
- Idaho's Project Filter
- Idaho’s Tobacco Prevention and Control Program
- American Lung Association of Idaho
- Youth Tobacco Prevention (CDC)
- The Truth Campaign
- 2015 CDHD Policy Agenda