West Nile Virus: What is it?
West Nile virus is transmitted to people, birds and other animals by the bite of an infected mosquito. On rare occasions, this virus can cause serious illness, especially in people over the age of 50, or those with other underlying medical conditions. Most infected people have few if any symptoms of the disease. Mild infections can include a fever and headache with complete recovery.
- CDHD Fact Sheet
- Fight the Bite Poster (PDF)
- Fight the Bite Brochure (English) (PDF)
- Fight the Bite Brochure (Spanish) (PDF)
- State of Idaho West Nile website
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Ada County Mosquito Abatement District
- If You Find a Dead Bird (PDF)
Kim Link, ScM