Walk-In Cholesterol Clinic (Boise)
Take charge of your health! No appointment needed for CDHD's low-cost monthly cholesterol screening clinic.
When: Tuesday, May 3 from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Where: CDHD Immunizations Clinic
707 N. Armstrong Place, Boise
Cost: $20 - cash or check, please (cards cannot be accepted for this clinic)
- Please read this important Information before your screening.
April 20, 2016
CDHD's Spring/Summer Newsletter Has Arrived!
In this edition of the Public Health Informer:
- Zika Virus: Common Questions & Answers
- What is CDHD and What Do We Do?
- New WIC Clinic Locations Prove Successful
- And more! Click HERE to read
Ada, Boise, Elmore and Valley Counties Make Gains in Health Rankings
Valley County Considered Overall Healthiest in the State
Zika virus is spread to people through mosquito bites. The most common symptoms of Zika virus disease are fever, rash, joint pain, and conjunctivitis (red eyes).
Outbreaks of Zika have occurred in areas of Africa, Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands, and the Americas. However, outbreaks are spreading to new countries.
Learn More HERE
January 22, 2016
How Idaho's Drinking Water is Monitored
Recent news of lead-contaminated drinking water in Flint, Michigan may have you wondering how drinking water in Idaho is managed, monitored and kept safe. And what is your local health department’s role in maintaining healthy drinking water? Read on!
WIC Appointments Now in Kuna & Meridian
WIC clients can now make appointments at two new sites:
- Kuna – Appointments available Fridays at Family Medical Health Center - 708 E Wythe Creek Court
- Meridian – Appointments available Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Meridian Schools Clinic – 925 NW 1st Street
- Learn More (News Release)
Appointments available today!
In Their Own Words
Why are public health programs like immunizations, reproductive health, WIC, healthy relationships and oral health so important? CDHD produced five short photo voice videos to learn why these subjects matter to the people in our community.
- Healthy Relationships
- Contraception & Reproductive Health
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Oral Health
Immunization Records Request
Do you need a copy of your or your child's Immunizations Records? Follow the link below for instructions on requesting those records.
Click here to learn more about this new and affordable cavity-prevention clinic for young kids!
Learn more & view upcoming meetings and agendas.